Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is the multitalented and versatile, department of college and caters to the needs of other departments as well. B.Tech CSE Programme of the department has recently been accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation). The department strives to prepare its students to be independent and innovative. The Department provides a propitious, environment for academic growth to its faculty and students. Regular upgrading and expansion of the labs is done as per the requirement of the industry. Exposure to latest developments and technologies is a mandatory exercise for both faculty and students. Continuous research work and live projects are taken up by the department. Numerous professional activities are conducted to improve interaction between students, faculty, other academic institutions and industries.
To emerge as a centre of excellence producing globally competent and morally sound professionals in the field of Computer Science & Engineering who will practice commitment to their profession and dedicate themselves to the service of mankind.
- • To develop state-of-the-art laboratories providing relevant practical inputs to students.
- • To provide strong knowledge base to students in the area of Computer Science & Engineering and to train them as per requirement of industries and research organizations.
- • To facilitate institute industry interaction to the benefit of stake holders and to motivate teachers for continuous improvement of their academic standards.
PEO's, PO's and PSO's of B.Tech CSE
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- • Graduates will possess expertise in mapping their design and programming skills in tune with the requirement of the industry in order to accomplish a successful career in corporate world including entrepreneurship.
- • Having specialized in advanced areas of Computer Science and Engineering the graduates will be able to pursue higher studies in these areas and enter the field of academics.
- • Graduates will exhibit interpersonal skills and sense of social responsibilities as well as environmental concerns so as to become good citizens working professionally to the advantage of society.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Students would be able to apply the fuzzy knowledge of programming logic to solve problems related to the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Students will be able to identify, analyze and formulate the real time problems by developing software using programming techniques.
- Students can prepare and engage themselves in lifelong learning and updating regularly on new application software's.