About the Department
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department is part of BPIT since its inception. The department offers B.Tech. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering Program with an annual intake of 60 students. B.Tech. Programme Electrical & Electronics Engineering got accreditation from National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in Dec 2017.
Electrical energy is one of the most important inventions of the last century. As the electrical energy is one of the most important requirements of one and all in whole of the world, its growing demand warrants new innovations for enhanced production, efficient transmission and management. These require quality engineers, therefore, the department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is grooming the youth through class-room teaching, laboratory practices and field visits to take new challenges in the area of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a centre of excellence producing globally competent and morally sound professionals in the field of Electrical & Electronics who will practice commitment to their profession and dedicate themselves to the service of mankind.
Mission of the Department
- To develop state-of-the-art laboratories providing relevant practical inputs to students.
- To provide strong knowledge base to students in the area of Electrical & Electronics and to train them as per requirement of industries and research organizations.
- To facilitate institute industry interaction to the benefit of stake holders and to motivate teachers for continuous improvement of their academic standards.
PEO's, PO's and PSO's of B.Tech. EEE
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
- PEO1: To provide opportunities to students to develop firm foundation in math , Science, Electronics, Instrumentation etc. and design methodologies to successfully accomplish their professional career in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, and commercialize viable technology by becoming an entrepreneur.
- PEO2: Having been trained in specialized areas such as Power Systems, Electric Drives, Power Electronics etc. the Graduates will be able to pursue higher studies in these areas and enter the field of academics.
- PEO3: Graduates will exhibit interpersonal skills, sense of social responsibility and environmental concerns and will become good leaders and citizens working professionally for the betterment of society.
POs for EEE Department
The students will be able to:
- 1. Apply knowledge of math, Science, & Engineering to solve problems related to the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- 2. Identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems in EEE field using basic engineering knowledge.
- 3. Design systems, components & processes suited to application needs within realistic constraints of health, safety, environment and economics.
- 4. Demonstrate skills for using modern engineering tools, software and equipments to analyze and achieve sustainable solution in user environment.
- 5. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles to estimate requirements and manage projects in multi-disciplinary environment.
- 6. Select and apply appropriate methods, resources and modern engineering tools to complex engineering activities.
- 7. Contribute effectively in individual capacity as well as a team member/leader in diverse assignments and responsibilities.
- 8. Communicate on complex engineering activities with engineering fraternity and society at large; to write effective reports, design documents etc.
- 9. Prepare and engage in lifelong learning to keep updating regularly on new developments.
- 10. Use research methods to interpret and analyze data as also to synthesize available information to arrive at valid conclusions.
- 11. Perform to achieve high level of technical proficiency so as to capture high positions in field, research and development activities and creative efforts.
- 12. Follow professional ethics and norms during discharge of duties.
PSOs for EEE Department
The students will be able to:
- 1. Perform to achieve high level of technical proficiency in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering so as to capture high positions in Professional Field, Research & Development activities.
- 2. Engage in applied research to generate high standard research papers, reports, products & systems leading to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- 3. Indulge into vigorous interaction with community, scientific & engineering fraternity for the spread of scientific temper and engineering aptitude