Activities and Achievements
ONE WEEK FDP ORGANISED BY THE DEPARTMENT
1. EEE department organized an ISTE STTP on Electric Power System from 10/7/17 to 15/7/17 under NMEICT (Ministry of HRD, Govt of India) in collaboration with IIT, Kharagpur. Sh B S Pali was workshop coordinator.
FACULTY INTERACTION WITH THE EXPERTS FROM INDUSTRY
1. Sh Asit Tandon, Vice President (Technical Network Operations), Hutchison, Indonesia, interacted with EEE faculty members on 10th April 2018.
GUEST LECTURES (2017-18)
1. Mr Rameshwar Vaishya, Accenture delivered lecture cum workshop on Networking on Feb 16, 2018 to EEE 4th semester students.
2. Dr S.P. Mathur delivered a lecture on 3D Printing on Feb 7, 2018 to EEE faculty and 4th semester students.
3. Prof. M.L.Kothari, fomer professor IIT-Delhi, delivered a lecture on Power System Operation & Control through SCADA on Jan 31, 2018 to EEE faculty members and 4th, 6th and 8th semester students.
4. Prof. J.P.Kesari, Prof. DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, delivered a lecture on “Solar Energy Systems” on 29th August 2017 to EEE faculty members and first, third, fifth and seventh semester students.
1. EEE third semester students visited M/s Bentex Contols & Switchgears Co., Naraina Industrial area on 11/10/2017. Students were accompanied by Sh B S Pali and Sh Puneet Dixit as faculty members.
2. EEE sixth semester students visited M/S Omac Automation LLP, Noida23 Jan 2018. Students were accompanied by Sh Peeyush Pant and Ms Simmi Sharma as faculty members.
GUEST LECTURES (2016-17)
Prof. D.P. Kothari, (ex director IIT Delhi, ex vice chancellor Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, ex principal VRCE, Nagpur) delivered lecture on “How to write research papers and books” on 9th May 2017.
2. Dr S.C.Kapoor, (ex general manager, BHEL) delivered a lecture on “Application of voltage source converters for modern traction covering Bullet train locos and wind mill parks” on 16th March, 2017 to third, fifth and seventh semester EEE students.
1. EEE seventh semester students visited Central Power Research Institute (CPRI), Noida on 26th Sept 2016. Students were accompanied by Dr Tanmoy Deb, Ms Shalini Mishra, Ms Shikha Gupta and Sh Peeyush Pant as faculty members.
- Dr Tanmoy Deb delivered an expert lecture on recent advances in power system in Delhi Technical Campus, affiliated to GGSIPU on Jan 30, 2018.
- Dr Tanmoy Deb published a book titled Electrical Power Generation-Conventional & Renewable, Khanna Pub, Jan 2018.
- Dr. Tanmoy Deb, Utilization of Electric Power and Traction, Ane Books Pub. 2012, pp 286.
- Dr. Tanmoy Deb, Maintennce Management and Engineering, Ane Books Pub., 2011, pp 500.
- Dr. Tanmoy Deb, A Text Book of Installation , Commissioning and Maintenance of Electrical Apparatus, Dhanpat Rai, 2007, 2017 ( 2nd Rev Ed.) , pp. 255.
- Shalini Sharma, “A Textbook of Flexible AC Transmission System’’, Nadini Publishers Delhi.
- Mr Aman Sharma and Mr Vishal Sharma received admission offer from Tohoku University, Japan for MS Solar Energy (session commencing from October 2018).
- Mr Saghan Aggarwal qualified GATE exam with 99.93 percentile and got placed in Haryana Power as assistant engineer in 2017.
- Mr Somen Singh achieved overall second rank in B.Tech (EEE), IP University exam held in June 2017.
- Ms Nayab Midha received first prize in hindi poetry in Gargi College (Delhi University), Anugoonj (IP University) and Khalsa college(DU)in 2018. She received second prize in hindi poetry in Institute of Home Economics (DU) in 2017.