About the Department
The Electronics & Communication industries continue to be major growth areas both in India and abroad and offer excellent job opportunities. The students study a wide range of technologies of communication and Data transmission, which have become vital part of everyday life from traditional radio, telegraphy, microwave systems, etc. to the state of the art optical satellite and cellular mobile communication system. Recently, the B.Tech. ECE program got accreditation from National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a centre of excellence producing globally competent and morally sound professionals in the field of Electronics & Communication Engg. who will practice commitment to their profession and dedicate themselves to the service of mankind.
Mission of the Department
- 1. To develop state-of-the-art laboratories providing relevant practical inputs to students.
- 2. To provide strong knowledge base to students in the area of Electronics & Communication Engg. and to train them as per requirement of industries and research organizations.
- 3. To facilitate institute industry interaction to the benefit of stake holders and to motivate teachers for continuous improvement of their academic standards.
PEO's & PO's of B.Tech ECE
Program Education Objectives of B.Tech ECE
- Graduates will have the fundamental and advanced knowledge in Mathematics, Applied Science, and specialized subjects in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering so as to accomplish their professional career in corporate world including entrepreneurship.
- Graduates shall pursue higher studies and enter the field of academics or take up engineering research assignment.
- Graduate will practice environment friendly approach, adopt positive attitude and be a good team associate with a knack for lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.