About the Department
The importance of Information Technology in the world is increasing at a very fast speed. Today, there is hardly any person whose life is not touched by Information Technology. Today, the amount of information being generated is huge and managing this is a big challenge for human kind due to which there is a large demand for qualified IT professionals. The Information Technology department is part of BPIT since its inception. The department offers B.Tech. Information Technology Program with an annual intake of 60 students. We focus on practical aspects of information technology along with the theoretical concepts. Recently, B.Tech. Information Technology program of Information Technology department got accreditation from National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a center of excellence producing globally competent and morally sound professionals in the field of Information Technology who will practice commitment to their profession and dedicate themselves to the service of mankind.
Mission of the Department
- To develop state-of-art laboratories providing relevant practical inputs to students.
- To provide strong knowledge base to students in the area of Information Technology and to train them as per the requirement of industries and research organizations.
- To facilitate institute industry interaction to the benefit of stake holders and motivate teachers for the continuous improvement of their academic standards.
PEO's,PO's AND PSO's OF B.Tech. IT
Program Educational Objectives of B.Tech. Information Technology
- Graduates will take up professional career in the field of software development, will exhibit teamwork skills and work with values that meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and research.
- Graduates will encompass entrepreneurship skills and ability to develop and implement the innovative, integrated and secure Information Technology solutions for meeting the global challenges and changing requirements.
- Graduates will be able to perform effectively in a multi-disciplinary consistent with ethical and moral practices following environmental friendly approach.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- 1. Students should be able to design, develop and test a system to meet the desired needs of end users using modern software development engineering tools.
- 2. Students will have the ability to design and conduct experiments for the analysis of data in Information Technology.
- 3. An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and information theory in the modeling and design of computer based system in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.